Sidmouth Library to host events across November
- Credit: Archant
From steam trains to the paranormal, Sidmouth Library will be hosting a range of events in November.
The first event is scheduled to take place today (Tuesday).
Nick Thompson will be paying the venue a visit as part of the restoration of the Sidmouth steam train engine - a project which has been ongoing since 2016.
On Saturday (November 17), author Jenny Fensom will be in the library from 9.30am until 12.30pm to talk about her new book ‘Pets, People and Places’. She will also be signing and selling copies in aid of Hospiscare.
Another author will be visiting the library on Tuesday (November 20) at 3pm when Janet Dowling brings her ‘Devon Ghost Tales’ to town.
You may also want to watch:
The final event is a craft show with Alison Young - she will be teaching everyone how to make wet felted flowers. All events cost £4 and must be booked beforehand, except Jenny Fensom’s talk which is free and does not require booking.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary