‘The rest was history’ Carol celebrates 20 years in the library
- Credit: Archant
A friendly face at Sidmouth Library is celebrating 20 years of service.
Library supervisor Carol Pentecost left teaching to join Devon Libraries Services on July 26 1999 after taking on a part time job at Honiton Library.
On Friday (July 26) she invited library users to join her for a hot drink and slice of cake to mark the anniversary.
She was presented with flowers and a bottle of fizz from her colleagues.
The library supervisor worked as a primary school teacher for eight years but always loved books and knew it was the right move after her first day in the library.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I used to work in the school library and loved it, I loved books and reading and I also loved working with children and went into teaching.
"My friend said 'I think you would love it' I applied and the rest as you say is history. After my first day I came in and said 'I think I have found what I want to do for the rest of my life.'"
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street