Sidmouth Lifeboat back in action after �10k revamp
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat was put through its first training session on Sunday following a �10,000 re-fit.
The vessel’s electrical and hydraulic systems underwent an overhaul – extending its life for another seven years.
Mechanic Mark Wearing said: “Only the more eagle-eyed members of the pubic will notice any differences to the lifeboat as most of the work is done under the deck.
“The consoles and deck were all removed allowing access to the boat’s electrical and hydraulic systems for checks and refurbishment.
“Once these were completed the deck was reinstated and given a new surface coating. The boat has been returned to “as new” condition, extending its life for a further seven years.”
You may also want to watch:
Crew say the lifeboat is now back in its Esplanade boathouse and members of the public are welcome to pay a visit to spot the difference.
Kind donations from the public and friends of Sidmouth Lifeboat ensure a high quality, professional service from the town.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Anyone who wishes to donate to the cause can visit www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk.