Sidmouth Lifeboat back in action after �10k revamp
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat was put through its first training session on Sunday following a �10,000 re-fit.
The vessel’s electrical and hydraulic systems underwent an overhaul – extending its life for another seven years.
Mechanic Mark Wearing said: “Only the more eagle-eyed members of the pubic will notice any differences to the lifeboat as most of the work is done under the deck.
“The consoles and deck were all removed allowing access to the boat’s electrical and hydraulic systems for checks and refurbishment.
“Once these were completed the deck was reinstated and given a new surface coating. The boat has been returned to “as new” condition, extending its life for a further seven years.”
You may also want to watch:
Crew say the lifeboat is now back in its Esplanade boathouse and members of the public are welcome to pay a visit to spot the difference.
Kind donations from the public and friends of Sidmouth Lifeboat ensure a high quality, professional service from the town.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
Anyone who wishes to donate to the cause can visit www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk.