Sidmouth Lifeboat back in action after �10k revamp
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat was put through its first training session on Sunday following a �10,000 re-fit.
The vessel’s electrical and hydraulic systems underwent an overhaul – extending its life for another seven years.
Mechanic Mark Wearing said: “Only the more eagle-eyed members of the pubic will notice any differences to the lifeboat as most of the work is done under the deck.
“The consoles and deck were all removed allowing access to the boat’s electrical and hydraulic systems for checks and refurbishment.
“Once these were completed the deck was reinstated and given a new surface coating. The boat has been returned to “as new” condition, extending its life for a further seven years.”
You may also want to watch:
Crew say the lifeboat is now back in its Esplanade boathouse and members of the public are welcome to pay a visit to spot the difference.
Kind donations from the public and friends of Sidmouth Lifeboat ensure a high quality, professional service from the town.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
Anyone who wishes to donate to the cause can visit www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk.