Sidmouth Lifeboat called out after concerns for swimmer
- Credit: Archant
The crew responded to the shout on Friday evening.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called out on Friday night (August 25) after concerns for a swimmer who had not returned to shore.
The lifeboat had just arrived back at the station after providing safety cover for the Red Arrows display when they received the call.
The crew of Guy Bennett, Simon Priestley, Lisa Cooke and Dave Pearce were towed out on the tractor by Vikki Snowball to carry out a search of the area shortly after 8.30pm.
They were supported by Beer and Sidmouth coastguard teams on the shore.
You may also want to watch:
Theo Burgess, from the lifeboat, said: “Nothing untoward found and no further reports so all units stood down at 9.15pm.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients