Sidmouth Lifeboat cheque
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club. The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club.
The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
It holds fundraising events throughout the year from race nights and bingo to parties and concerts.
It hopes to increase the amount they raise annually by building an extension, costing in the region of �30,000.
You may also want to watch:
Crew member Mark Roden said: "Previous years have seen many organisations benefiting, including hospices, the scouts, Devon Air Ambulance and many more. "Sidmouth Lifeboat is proud to be nominated and very pleased to receive �750."
He said increasing fuel costs meant the lifeboat's operating costs were growing.
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month
- 10 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
"It is donations such as this that are very necessary and help to keep us afloat," said Mark.
Anyone can make a donation or run an event for the lifeboat by visiting its website: www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (01395) 514903.
To help Ashcombe Village Club's cause call the committee on (01626) 862153.