Sidmouth Lifeboat cheque
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club. The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club.
The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
It holds fundraising events throughout the year from race nights and bingo to parties and concerts.
It hopes to increase the amount they raise annually by building an extension, costing in the region of �30,000.
You may also want to watch:
Crew member Mark Roden said: "Previous years have seen many organisations benefiting, including hospices, the scouts, Devon Air Ambulance and many more. "Sidmouth Lifeboat is proud to be nominated and very pleased to receive �750."
He said increasing fuel costs meant the lifeboat's operating costs were growing.
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes
"It is donations such as this that are very necessary and help to keep us afloat," said Mark.
Anyone can make a donation or run an event for the lifeboat by visiting its website: www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (01395) 514903.
To help Ashcombe Village Club's cause call the committee on (01626) 862153.