Sidmouth Lifeboat cheque
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club. The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club.
The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
It holds fundraising events throughout the year from race nights and bingo to parties and concerts.
It hopes to increase the amount they raise annually by building an extension, costing in the region of �30,000.
Crew member Mark Roden said: "Previous years have seen many organisations benefiting, including hospices, the scouts, Devon Air Ambulance and many more. "Sidmouth Lifeboat is proud to be nominated and very pleased to receive �750."
He said increasing fuel costs meant the lifeboat's operating costs were growing.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 8 Folk choir's stage show impresses audience at Folk Festival
- 9 Lifeboat crews join forces to aid broken-down motor boat
"It is donations such as this that are very necessary and help to keep us afloat," said Mark.
Anyone can make a donation or run an event for the lifeboat by visiting its website: www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk or emailing email@example.com or by calling (01395) 514903.
To help Ashcombe Village Club's cause call the committee on (01626) 862153.