Sidmouth Lifeboat cheque
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club. The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
A CHEQUE for �750 has been presented to Sidmouth Lifeboat by Ashcombe Village Club.
The club, which has been raising funds for 10 years, has handed out around �50,000 in that time.
It holds fundraising events throughout the year from race nights and bingo to parties and concerts.
It hopes to increase the amount they raise annually by building an extension, costing in the region of �30,000.
You may also want to watch:
Crew member Mark Roden said: "Previous years have seen many organisations benefiting, including hospices, the scouts, Devon Air Ambulance and many more. "Sidmouth Lifeboat is proud to be nominated and very pleased to receive �750."
He said increasing fuel costs meant the lifeboat's operating costs were growing.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 9 Sidmouth Tennis Club serves up treat at Easter triples' tournament
- 10 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
"It is donations such as this that are very necessary and help to keep us afloat," said Mark.
Anyone can make a donation or run an event for the lifeboat by visiting its website: www.sidmouthlifeboat.org.uk or emailing email@example.com or by calling (01395) 514903.
To help Ashcombe Village Club's cause call the committee on (01626) 862153.