Sidmouth Lifeboat crews aid crippled boats
Sidmouth Lifeboat in rescue callouts
CREWS from Sidmouth Lifeboat have attended two callouts this week.
The first was at Saturday lunchtime when it was tasked to help rescue four people on board the rib, Suzanne, after it broke down at Ladram Bay.
The seven-metre vessel, which was earlier launched at Teignmouth, was towed back there and Teignmouth Coastguard Rescue Team met the two boats.
Beer Coastguards had also been tasked, but were stood down when no longer required.
You may also want to watch:
The second shout, on Monday, took place at 8.24pm when Portland Coastguard called out the lifeboat to help a small fishing vessel and its two crew after the boat developed engine trouble and was drifting offshore, one mile south east of Sidmouth.
Once it was established both crew and boat were safe, the lifeboat towed them back to Clifton Beach where they were met by Beer Coastguard team who offered safety advice.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses