Sidmouth Lifeboat crews aid crippled boats
Sidmouth Lifeboat in rescue callouts
CREWS from Sidmouth Lifeboat have attended two callouts this week.
The first was at Saturday lunchtime when it was tasked to help rescue four people on board the rib, Suzanne, after it broke down at Ladram Bay.
The seven-metre vessel, which was earlier launched at Teignmouth, was towed back there and Teignmouth Coastguard Rescue Team met the two boats.
Beer Coastguards had also been tasked, but were stood down when no longer required.
You may also want to watch:
The second shout, on Monday, took place at 8.24pm when Portland Coastguard called out the lifeboat to help a small fishing vessel and its two crew after the boat developed engine trouble and was drifting offshore, one mile south east of Sidmouth.
Once it was established both crew and boat were safe, the lifeboat towed them back to Clifton Beach where they were met by Beer Coastguard team who offered safety advice.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary