Sidmouth Lifeboat crews aid crippled boats
Sidmouth Lifeboat in rescue callouts
CREWS from Sidmouth Lifeboat have attended two callouts this week.
The first was at Saturday lunchtime when it was tasked to help rescue four people on board the rib, Suzanne, after it broke down at Ladram Bay.
The seven-metre vessel, which was earlier launched at Teignmouth, was towed back there and Teignmouth Coastguard Rescue Team met the two boats.
Beer Coastguards had also been tasked, but were stood down when no longer required.
You may also want to watch:
The second shout, on Monday, took place at 8.24pm when Portland Coastguard called out the lifeboat to help a small fishing vessel and its two crew after the boat developed engine trouble and was drifting offshore, one mile south east of Sidmouth.
Once it was established both crew and boat were safe, the lifeboat towed them back to Clifton Beach where they were met by Beer Coastguard team who offered safety advice.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight