Sidmouth Lifeboat demo at cycle race
Coastguard helicopter and Sidmouth Lifeboat plan offshore rescue demo
SIDMOUTH’S lifeboat and launch vehicle will be on display during Tuesday’s Tour of Britain race and it is hoped to put on a rescue demonstration.
From 10am onwards, crew and support teams will be available at an information tent at the western end of Sidmouth beach to answer questions and talk about the lifeboat and its operations.
Being based there during the race will enable a quick launch in the case of an emergency.
Subject to operational demands, there will be a joint display with Sidmouth Lifeboat and the Coastguard Rescue helicopter before the lifeboat returns to its position at the western end of the beach.
You may also want to watch:
Crew member Mark Roden said: “Everyone is welcome to come along, ask questions about our operation and enjoy our display.”
The Lifeboat station shop will be open during the day and Sid and Alma will be on hand to accept donations for Devon’s only independent lifeboat.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences