Sidmouth Lifeboat demo at cycle race
Coastguard helicopter and Sidmouth Lifeboat plan offshore rescue demo
SIDMOUTH’S lifeboat and launch vehicle will be on display during Tuesday’s Tour of Britain race and it is hoped to put on a rescue demonstration.
From 10am onwards, crew and support teams will be available at an information tent at the western end of Sidmouth beach to answer questions and talk about the lifeboat and its operations.
Being based there during the race will enable a quick launch in the case of an emergency.
Subject to operational demands, there will be a joint display with Sidmouth Lifeboat and the Coastguard Rescue helicopter before the lifeboat returns to its position at the western end of the beach.
You may also want to watch:
Crew member Mark Roden said: “Everyone is welcome to come along, ask questions about our operation and enjoy our display.”
The Lifeboat station shop will be open during the day and Sid and Alma will be on hand to accept donations for Devon’s only independent lifeboat.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls