Sidmouth lifeboat escorts yacht to safety
A yacht was escorted to safety by Sidmouth Independent Lifeboat after it was reported in difficulty off Branscombe
Reports a yacht was in difficulty off Branscombe on Tuesday prompted Sidmouth Independent Lifeboat and Beer coastguard rescue officers to swing onto action.
Portland Coastguard received a call shortly after 5pm from a local fishing vessel reporting an 18ft yacht, Mudlark, with one person aboard appeared to be low on fuel.
The vessel, which was 50 yards from the beach, was escorted to safety by the lifeboat.
A Portland Coastguard spokesperson said: “The skipper was dissuaded from beaching the yacht and once Sidmouth lifeboat arrived on scene, they escorted the vessel to an anchorage at Beer.
You may also want to watch:
“Beer Coastguards maintained a visual watch until the yacht was safely moored.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp