Sidmouth Lifeboat launched following reports a swimmer disappeared from sight
- Credit: Archant
Crews carried out extensive search of area
Sidmouth Lifeboat was launched on Saturday (February 18) following reports a swimmer had disappeared from sight 50metres from the seafront.
Crews took to the water at 2.03pm and carried out an extensive search of the area, but nothing was found.
A Sidmouth Lifeboat spokesman said a swimmer was seen leaving the water at around 13.50pm and it is thought that may have been the person in question.
Team members said they were confident if anyone had been on the water surface they would have been found.
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboat was stood down by Solent Coastguard at 3.25pm.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman