Sidmouth Lifeboat re-launched as search for missing woman continues
- Credit: Archant
Police say they are ‘increasingly concerned’ for welfare of Tanya Vickery, 30
Sidmouth Lifeboat has been launched again this morning to continue the search for a missing 30-year-old woman.
Police say they are ‘increasingly concerned’ for the welfare of Tanya Vickery, who was last seen at approximately 10:40pm yesterday (Tuesday, February 7) on the Esplanade, near to The Marine pub, from where she made her way onto the beach and has not been seen since.
Emergency services searched land and sea throughout the night and Sidmouth Lifeboat was re-launched at 9.31am today (Wednesday, February 8) to continue scouring the shoreline.
Police helicopters and dog units are also out searching the area.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coxswain of Sidmouth Lifeboat Guy Russell said: “We have been tasked to continue the search for Tanya Vickery this morning so the big boat has been launched and will be searching from Ladram bay to Branscombe close to the shoreline. The police helicopter is out searching and the coastguard team.
“We are thinking of launching the smaller boat as well so we can search even closer to the shore.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Sidmouth Lifeboat and Sidmouth and Beer’s coastguard crews searched land and sea last night, alongside police officers. They stood down at 1.30am to return to the station while enquiries continue.
Tanya, who is from the Sidmouth area, is described as white, slim build, 5ft 5ins tall with black straight shoulder length hair. She was last seen wearing a white puffer jacket.
A spokesman said police are becoming increasingly concerned for her welfare.
Anyone who has seen Tanya or has any information that might assist police with their search is asked to call police on 101 and quote log 835 07022017.