Sidmouth Lifeboat rescues Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Fishing trip went wrong near Beer for famous chef
SIDMOUTH Lifeboat crew rescued Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall when the celebrity chef’s fishing boat became stranded on rocks near Beer.
Mr Whittingstall dialled 999 when his 19feet long vessel ran aground west of Beer Head at around 3.50pm on Monday.
The lifeboat proceeded as a Portland Coastguard operator kept the Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall, who it is understood was on board the stricken boat with his son, on the phone and issued advice.
The boat was pulled off the rocks by the lifeboat using a crewman swimmer. It was beached at Beer for inspection.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- Did you see the incident or do you have photos? Contact the Herald on (01392) 888501 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead