Sidmouth Lifeboat’s first ever ball nets £1,500
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Lifeboat’s first ever winter ball was a ‘roaring success’ that raised more than £1,500 for the charity.
Some 115 crew members, family and friends dressed in their evening best for the soiree at the Victoria Hotel, when several members received special achievement awards for their dedication and commitment.
The trustees were also delighted to be joined by representatives from the Rover P4 Guild Devon and family of Mary Taylor, whom the launch vehicle is named after.
Event organiser and crew member Lisa-Marie Cooke said: “It was an amazing evening and wonderful to see all of the crew, support members, trustees and their friends and families enjoying themselves.
“We very rarely get together so it was a great opportunity for this event to recognise the hard work and commitment everyone puts in.
You may also want to watch:
“Sidmouth Lifeboat would like to give special thanks to the Victoria Hotel for hosting the evening, and all the individuals and companies who donated raffle prizes and helped make the evening so successful.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases