Sidmouth line dance raises �132 for community centre
FUNDRAISING residents in Woolbrook, Sidmouth, saw a line dance last weekend raise �132 in their bid to furnish a long-awaited community facility.
More than 50 people enjoyed the fun in St Francis Hall next Friday, organised by the Stowford Community Centre Association.
“It was a great evening, we plan to do lots more,” said seventy-year-old fundraising co-ordinator Jan Jones.
Estelle provided the music as revellers danced the night away. A bingo event in the venue last month raised �70 for the cause.
With building work set to start on the long-awaited Stowford Community Centre, nearby householders have stepped up efforts they hope will see the hub kitted out with equipment ranging from cookers to curtains.
You may also want to watch:
The association, made up of residents and councillors, needs to raise more than �20,000 by April 2011 to ensure it is properly furnished.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 4 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 7 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit