Sidmouth line dance raises �132 for community centre
FUNDRAISING residents in Woolbrook, Sidmouth, saw a line dance last weekend raise �132 in their bid to furnish a long-awaited community facility.
More than 50 people enjoyed the fun in St Francis Hall next Friday, organised by the Stowford Community Centre Association.
“It was a great evening, we plan to do lots more,” said seventy-year-old fundraising co-ordinator Jan Jones.
Estelle provided the music as revellers danced the night away. A bingo event in the venue last month raised �70 for the cause.
With building work set to start on the long-awaited Stowford Community Centre, nearby householders have stepped up efforts they hope will see the hub kitted out with equipment ranging from cookers to curtains.
You may also want to watch:
The association, made up of residents and councillors, needs to raise more than �20,000 by April 2011 to ensure it is properly furnished.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98