Sidmouth line dance raises �132 for community centre
FUNDRAISING residents in Woolbrook, Sidmouth, saw a line dance last weekend raise �132 in their bid to furnish a long-awaited community facility.
More than 50 people enjoyed the fun in St Francis Hall next Friday, organised by the Stowford Community Centre Association.
“It was a great evening, we plan to do lots more,” said seventy-year-old fundraising co-ordinator Jan Jones.
Estelle provided the music as revellers danced the night away. A bingo event in the venue last month raised �70 for the cause.
With building work set to start on the long-awaited Stowford Community Centre, nearby householders have stepped up efforts they hope will see the hub kitted out with equipment ranging from cookers to curtains.
You may also want to watch:
The association, made up of residents and councillors, needs to raise more than �20,000 by April 2011 to ensure it is properly furnished.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police