Sidmouth line dance raises �132 for community centre
FUNDRAISING residents in Woolbrook, Sidmouth, saw a line dance last weekend raise �132 in their bid to furnish a long-awaited community facility.
More than 50 people enjoyed the fun in St Francis Hall next Friday, organised by the Stowford Community Centre Association.
“It was a great evening, we plan to do lots more,” said seventy-year-old fundraising co-ordinator Jan Jones.
Estelle provided the music as revellers danced the night away. A bingo event in the venue last month raised �70 for the cause.
With building work set to start on the long-awaited Stowford Community Centre, nearby householders have stepped up efforts they hope will see the hub kitted out with equipment ranging from cookers to curtains.
You may also want to watch:
The association, made up of residents and councillors, needs to raise more than �20,000 by April 2011 to ensure it is properly furnished.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out