Sidmouth lions and ducks boost charities
CHARITY chiefs were grateful to each collect �1,600 for their causes thanks to Sidmouth Lions Club’s annual Great Duck Derby.
Representatives of CLIC Sargent, a children’s cancer charity, and Nightstop Devon, which helps homeless youngsters, came to the Anchor Inn to collect cheques from organisers of the fun town tradition.
After the handover, Sidmouth Lions president Chris Rignall said he was delighted with this year’s duck derby results and praised the efforts and team work of club members.
Both CLIC Sargent and Nightstop Devon shared �3,400 that was raised by the main yellow duck race.
A corporate duck race on July 17 raised a further �1,950 for charity – meaning this year’s Great Duck Derby netted a total of �5,350 for worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to find out more about Sidmouth Lions Club can contact Chris on (01395) 577450, Ian Skinners on (01395) 512923, or visit www.sidmouthlions.org.uk.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon