Sidmouth lions and ducks boost charities
CHARITY chiefs were grateful to each collect �1,600 for their causes thanks to Sidmouth Lions Club’s annual Great Duck Derby.
Representatives of CLIC Sargent, a children’s cancer charity, and Nightstop Devon, which helps homeless youngsters, came to the Anchor Inn to collect cheques from organisers of the fun town tradition.
After the handover, Sidmouth Lions president Chris Rignall said he was delighted with this year’s duck derby results and praised the efforts and team work of club members.
Both CLIC Sargent and Nightstop Devon shared �3,400 that was raised by the main yellow duck race.
A corporate duck race on July 17 raised a further �1,950 for charity – meaning this year’s Great Duck Derby netted a total of �5,350 for worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to find out more about Sidmouth Lions Club can contact Chris on (01395) 577450, Ian Skinners on (01395) 512923, or visit www.sidmouthlions.org.uk.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live