Music to dance to at Sidmouth Lions Club charity concert
- Credit: Courtesy of band
Hits from the 1950s, 60s and 70s performed by the Sidmouth Ukelele Band and Quantum 5, in aid of the Devon Freewheelers
Two talented groups of musicians will perform music to get your feet moving, at a concert raising funds for the Devon Freewheelers on Friday, May 31.
The event at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, organised by the Sidmouth Lions Club, will be a lively evening of pop, rock, soul and rhythm & blues from the 1950s, 60s and 70s.
The popular Sidmouth Ukelele Band will play hits by The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits, Bill Haley and more. Quantum 5 perform classics from artists including Chuck Berry, The Kinks, Otis Redding and Van Morrison. The group have a regular session at Sidmouth's Belmont Hotel.
Proceeds will go to the Devon Freewheelers, a group of volunteer motorcycle couriers who transport emergency medical supplies to hospitals across the county.
You may also want to watch:
The evening starts at 7.45pm. Tickets £10 from the theatre box office (01395 514413) open 10am - 2pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open