Sidmouth Lions concert cash donation
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Lions Club has presented the East Devon branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association with a cheque for £750.
The money was the proceeds from two recent fundraising Love Is in the Air concerts.
They featured classic and modern songs, performed by singers Vicki Campbell, Val Howels, Catherine Moore, John Brindley and Keith Wainwright, plus Dorothy Worthington on keyboards and Luch on classical guitar.
Lions president Graham Rossiter handed a cheque to Cynthia Hopkins, the MNDA’s local co-ordinator, at the Anchor Inn on November 25.
Cynthia said she was ‘delighted to receive this generous donation, which will help the Association’s Exeter and East Devon branch to support local sufferers of motor neurone disease, several of whom live in the Sid Valley’.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions club thanked the singers and musicians for ‘not only planning and performing in the concerts, but giving their time and talents freely for this worthwhile cause’.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations