Sidmouth Lions concert cash donation
- Credit: Archant
SIDMOUTH Lions Club has presented the East Devon branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association with a cheque for £750.
The money was the proceeds from two recent fundraising Love Is in the Air concerts.
They featured classic and modern songs, performed by singers Vicki Campbell, Val Howels, Catherine Moore, John Brindley and Keith Wainwright, plus Dorothy Worthington on keyboards and Luch on classical guitar.
Lions president Graham Rossiter handed a cheque to Cynthia Hopkins, the MNDA’s local co-ordinator, at the Anchor Inn on November 25.
Cynthia said she was ‘delighted to receive this generous donation, which will help the Association’s Exeter and East Devon branch to support local sufferers of motor neurone disease, several of whom live in the Sid Valley’.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions club thanked the singers and musicians for ‘not only planning and performing in the concerts, but giving their time and talents freely for this worthwhile cause’.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families