Sidmouth Lions concert raises £600 for Force
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers have helped to raise £600 for Force Cancer Charity.
The money was raised by Sidmouth Lions through a fundraising concert at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
The concert was in two halves, commencing with music from hit musicals from performers Vicki Angus Campbell and special guests Nikki Mae Butcher, Matt Colson and David Finlay.
The second half featured the six-piece City Steam Jazz Band, who delighted crowds with a great selection of music.
The donation was made in memory of Lion member Keith Brodie, who died last February and was presented to Sarah Daniels from Force by club president Mike Sycamore.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Rignall, from the Lions, said: “Keith’s family had chosen FORCE to benefit from donations made in his memory in recognition of the wonderful support the charity gave to Keith and his family during the later stages of his illness.”
The charity aims to offer physical, emotional, psychological and practical support at a difficult time in people’s lives.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open