Sidmouth Lions donates £750 towards new safety gear
- Credit: Archant
The money will benefit local horse riders and climbers.
The Lions Club of Sidmouth has donated £750 to fund safety headgear for horse riders and climbers.
Members received requests from 1st Sid Vale Scouts and the East Devon branch of the Riding for the Disabled Association for financial help to purchase the equipment.
The local branch of the riding charity is based near Whimple and is entirely self-funded and run by volunteers. The Lions willingly donated £550 to the cause to purchase 10 new riding hats.
A further £200 was donated to the scouts to buy up to six new adult climbing helmets to use on their climbing wall.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions also gave the group an instructional book by Andy Kirkpatrick, one of the country’s foremost climbers.
The club will hold its Great Book Sale at St Teresa’s Church Hall on Saturday, August 26, between 9.30am and noon.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Entrance costs 50p and includes a cup of coffee.