Literary festival prepares to entertain book lovers
Sidmouth Literary Festival opens its doors tonight with a double highlight.
Just A Minute presenter Nicholas Parsons and war reporter Kate Adie will open the festival before a full day of events on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday’s line up includes talks with TP Fielden, Anne de Courcy, Mary Hollingsworth, Liz Fenwick and Kay Jaybee and Lord Tebbit.
Sidmouth Museum curator Nigel Hyman will lead a literary walk around the town tomorrow afternoon, at 2pm, starting from Kennaway House.
There is also chance for budding writers to learn how to get published and poets to perform at an open mic event.
You may also want to watch:
On the final day of the festival, Andrew Wilson, Diana Moran, the Reverend Angela Briscoe and Richard Lappas will appear before crime-writing husband-and-wife team Nicci Gerrard and Sean French (Nicci French) close the event for another year.
To book tickets visit the Sidmouth Literary website or contact Winstones Books.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles