Sidmouth M&Co’s cash for Cancer Research UK
KIND-HEARTED staff and customers at M&Co in Sidmouth have helped raise �860 for Cancer Research UK.
Workers at the High Street store have been grafting tirelessly in aid of the charity since 2008 - and the company has raised a whopping total of �850,000 for the cause.
A variety of fundraising activities took place at the Sidmouth branch that saw it become a ‘donation station’ for the month in October.
Customers donated unwanted clothes and received a �5 voucher in return to spend in any M&Co.
Staff also took part in fashion shows, raffles, and sponsored challenges.
You may also want to watch:
All funds raised for Cancer Research UK will help to fund vital life saving research.
M&Co’s Andy McGeoch said: “It’s really fantastic that everyone has worked together to raise so much. We have given ourselves a target of raising a total of �1million for Cancer Research UK before July 2012, and will strive to achieve this.Employees throughout the company have made a real difference. I’d also like to thank our customers in the community for getting involved and helping us in our efforts.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future