Sidmouth man admits secretly filming girl
- Credit: Archant
A man from Sidmouth has admitted filming a girl secretly using a hidden camera.
Christopher Payne, aged 41, of Orchard Close, pleaded guilty to four counts of voyeurism and one of possessing 14 images of a child which he took while spying on the girl.
He denied two further offences of downloading indecent images from the internet and these are unlikely to be proceeded with.
Judge Graham Cottle adjourned the case at Exeter Crown Court for a probation report and released Payne on bail.
He told him he was making no promises about the likely sentence.
You may also want to watch:
The judge also adjourned an unrelated allegation that Payne possessed ammunition without authority without him entering a plea.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families