Coastguard called to find missing man
- Credit: Archant
A coastguard team from Exmouth was called to help police find a missing man in Sidmouth.
Initial concern was raised when the police were called at 9.20pm on Saturday (December 22) with concerns for the welfare of a man in his 70s.
Exmouth coastguard was contacted to assist as police searched for the high risk missing person.
An extensive search ensue involving the seafront, the Byes, Jacob’s Ladder, the beach, Connaught Gardens and the town centre.
The poor weather meant the coastguard’s water searched had to be postponed shortly after midnight with the man still to be found.
You may also want to watch:
The missing person was eventually located on Sunday (December 23) morning safe and well.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge