Sidmouth man to run New York Marathon for Leukaemia charity
Friday, August 1- A SIDMOTHIAN has donned his running shoes in a trans-Atlantic bid to raise money for Children with Leukaemia.
A SIDMOTHIAN has donned his running shoes in a trans-Atlantic bid to raise money for Children with Leukaemia.
Alan Bisseker, 22, is training to run the 26 mile New York Marathon in November, and has been clocking up 40 miles a week since April in preparation.
Mr Bisseker said: "I am so passionate about this cause and will endeavor to raise as much money as I can. Leukaemia is something that I have been personally affected by and that motivates me greatly."
As the run draws closer Mr Bisseker will step up his fitness and fundraising regimes and hopes the people of his home town will back him on both fronts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Sidmouth is the town I grew up in and where all my friends and family are based. I believe there is great potential for me to raise a tremendous amount of money and support here."
The Herald will follow Mr Bisseker's exploits over the next few months. Visit bmycharity.com/alanbiss to sponsor him.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip