Sidmouth Marathon mum to go distance for NSPCC
A MARATHON running mum-of-three, from Sidmouth, hopes residents will back her long-distance bid to net cash for a children’s charity.
Hairdresser Becky Robson, 41, of Malvern Road, will tackle her fourth London Marathon in April and wants to raise at least �2,000 for the NSPCC.
The Hair Temple owner Becky, who has been a keen member of, and coach, at Sidmouth Running Club for 10 years, says she’s looking forward to the 26-mile challenge.
She has arranged fundraising events, including a fashion show later this month, in a bid to reach her charity goal.
More than 50 people attended a quiz night at the Volunteer pub last Thursday that raised �509.
You may also want to watch:
“I love my running,” said Becky, whose efforts have bagged around �5,000 for causes over the years.
“I’ve got an awful lot of my customers and staff to join the running club. I really enjoy long-distance and have broken a few personal bests recently.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
“I feel quite strongly about the NSPCC. My best friend is a counsellor for Child Line. Their work is so valuable as it gives vulnerable people someone to talk to.”
The Hair Temple has teamed up with clothes shop, Polka, to stage a fashion show at Stowford Community Centre on March 30, from 7.30pm.
The event will feature a special appearance from the town’s firefighters.
Tickets (�15) are available from both businesses.
Becky has sponsor forms at her Temple Street salon for anyone who wants to pledge money.