Sidmouth Marathon mum to go distance for NSPCC
A MARATHON running mum-of-three, from Sidmouth, hopes residents will back her long-distance bid to net cash for a children’s charity.
Hairdresser Becky Robson, 41, of Malvern Road, will tackle her fourth London Marathon in April and wants to raise at least �2,000 for the NSPCC.
The Hair Temple owner Becky, who has been a keen member of, and coach, at Sidmouth Running Club for 10 years, says she’s looking forward to the 26-mile challenge.
She has arranged fundraising events, including a fashion show later this month, in a bid to reach her charity goal.
More than 50 people attended a quiz night at the Volunteer pub last Thursday that raised �509.
“I love my running,” said Becky, whose efforts have bagged around �5,000 for causes over the years.
“I’ve got an awful lot of my customers and staff to join the running club. I really enjoy long-distance and have broken a few personal bests recently.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
“I feel quite strongly about the NSPCC. My best friend is a counsellor for Child Line. Their work is so valuable as it gives vulnerable people someone to talk to.”
The Hair Temple has teamed up with clothes shop, Polka, to stage a fashion show at Stowford Community Centre on March 30, from 7.30pm.
The event will feature a special appearance from the town’s firefighters.
Tickets (�15) are available from both businesses.
Becky has sponsor forms at her Temple Street salon for anyone who wants to pledge money.