£1,000 donation to homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity aimed at helping the homeless in Sidmouth has received a £1,000 donation.
The Sidmouth Masonic Lodge of Perseverance has made a £1,000 donation to Gateway Homelessness Action Group to support the charity in its work against homelessness.
The masons presented a cheque for £1,000 to Gateway chairman Jeff Millar alongside clients Neil Cowling and Gary Sykes.
The group has been around for 205 years and raised all of the money internally via the members.
Every year, they dedicate money to local causes and the group was impressed with Gateway’s work in helping rough sleepers in Sidmouth and assisting them in getting off the streets.
You may also want to watch:
The charity was formed after the death of a homeless person and is committed to raising awareness of the levels of homelessness in Sidmouth.
With the charity’s help, Gary was recently able to find permanent accommodation, putting an end to a long period of street homelessness.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of