Sidmouth Memory Cafe celebrated 1st birthday
A SERVICE set up to boost Sidmouth Demenita and Alzheimer’s sufferers and their carers celebrated it first birthday.
A SERVICE set up to boost Sidmouth Demenita and Alzheimer’s sufferers and their carers has celebrated its first birthday.
Organisers of the town’s twice monthly Memory Caf� say it is going ‘from strength to strength’.
Rotary Clubs of Sidmouth and the Sid Valley marked their joint initiative’s first anniversary with a party at Twyford House.
Festivities tied in with the Royal Wedding and those who attended were asked to bring along photographs of their own special days- with some going back 50 and 60 years.
Memory Caf� chairman and co-ordinator Derek Eagles said: “There’s such a need for our service, both with carers and the cared for. I’m very proud of it.”
Those celebrating the service’s first birthday enjoyed a special cake and singing, among festivities.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
Rotary clubs teamed up last year to provide the new scheme in the hope it can help an estimated 120 people, and countless carers in the area, whose lives are affected by conditions like Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Memory Cafes aim to offer a relaxing opportunity for people to meet, share experiences and gather information to help them and their families.
Mr Eagles said volunteers for the free service are always welcome. The Memory Caf� meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at Twyford House from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
For more information contact Mr Eagles on (01395) 542574.