Sidmouth Methodist juniors aim to help Ghana boy
SIDMOUTH Methodist Junior Church members are hoping to improve the quality of life of a nine-year-old boy from Ghana. The group is sponsoring Christopher through Compassion, a Christian-based charity which helps needy children and their families around t
SIDMOUTH Methodist Junior Church members are hoping to improve the quality of life of a nine-year-old boy from Ghana.
The group is sponsoring Christopher through Compassion, a Christian-based charity which helps needy children and their families around the world.
A coffee morning and sale will take place in the Methodist church hall tomorrow from 10am-12noon for 'Christopher's fund'.
Jill Dixon, organiser, said: "The sale is being organised by the children for underprivileged children and will be very much for children, with the emphasis of the goods being sold being very much for them."
You may also want to watch:
Good on sale include clothes, games, toys, lucky-dip, books and cakes.
Anyone who would like to donate quality items to the sale, excluding bric-a-brac, or if you would like to help on the day, ring Jill on (01404) 811067.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth