Sidmouth Mummers go “slightly nude” for calendar
Sidmouth Mummers to publish “slightly nude” calendar for Children’s Hospice SW
MEMBERS of Sidmouth Mummers are going “slightly nude” for a calendar they are producing to raise funds for Children’s Hospice South West.
The Sidmouth Herald has sponsored one of its pages, which feature their handsome actors, “portrayed as they have never been seen around the pubs of Sidmouth – but in excellent taste!” said Henry Piper, who leads the Mummers.
Sidmouth Mummers has consistently supported the work of CHSW, donating all its collections made around Christmas from the traditional play it performs in the town’s pubs.
Long-standing performer Russell Smith plans to walk the length of the South West Coastal Path from Minehead to Poole Harbour next spring – some 600 miles – and will raise money on the way by organising fundraising events and gaining sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Henry said the Mummers’ calendar, which goes to production on Monday, July 5, will be sold during FolkWeek, and before and during the Mummers’ Christmas tour.
He said: “Our aim is to finance as much of the print cost as possible by sponsorship and donations, enabling us to send every penny raised from sales to Russell’s fundraising endeavours for the Hospice.”
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
Willing sponsors will be credited on each photograph and business logos will feature on the front cover. There will also be a Roll of Honour in the calendar listing sponsors.
Anyone interested in sponsoring a page can contact him on (01404) 811491 or by e-mail: email@example.com.