Sidmouth Mummers go “slightly nude” for calendar
Sidmouth Mummers to publish “slightly nude” calendar for Children’s Hospice SW
MEMBERS of Sidmouth Mummers are going “slightly nude” for a calendar they are producing to raise funds for Children’s Hospice South West.
The Sidmouth Herald has sponsored one of its pages, which feature their handsome actors, “portrayed as they have never been seen around the pubs of Sidmouth – but in excellent taste!” said Henry Piper, who leads the Mummers.
Sidmouth Mummers has consistently supported the work of CHSW, donating all its collections made around Christmas from the traditional play it performs in the town’s pubs.
Long-standing performer Russell Smith plans to walk the length of the South West Coastal Path from Minehead to Poole Harbour next spring – some 600 miles – and will raise money on the way by organising fundraising events and gaining sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Henry said the Mummers’ calendar, which goes to production on Monday, July 5, will be sold during FolkWeek, and before and during the Mummers’ Christmas tour.
He said: “Our aim is to finance as much of the print cost as possible by sponsorship and donations, enabling us to send every penny raised from sales to Russell’s fundraising endeavours for the Hospice.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
Willing sponsors will be credited on each photograph and business logos will feature on the front cover. There will also be a Roll of Honour in the calendar listing sponsors.
Anyone interested in sponsoring a page can contact him on (01404) 811491 or by e-mail: email@example.com.