Sidmouth Mummers set for Xmas pub tour
SIDMOUTH Mummers are set for their traditional tour of town pubs on Monday (December 20).
SIDMOUTH Mummers are set for their traditional tour of town pubs on Monday, December 20
“We are hoping for great things this year, as we are donating our collection to our member Russ Smith’s sponsored walk along the whole length of the South West coast path starting next Easter,” said Mummer Henry Piper, aka Old Father Christmas. Russell will raise cash for Children’s Hospice South West with the epic trek.
The Mummers have supported the charity since their earliest days and produced a “slightly nude” calendar as a fundraiser for the cause.
“We are delighted with the response this has generated, with the calendar proving so popular that a second batch was printed, and that has now virtually sold out,” said Henry. A few copies are still available from Paragon Books.
You may also want to watch:
Times and venues for the Mummers pub tour on Monday are as follows: The Balfour, 7.30pm, The Swan 8.15pm, The Anchor 9pm, The Old Ship 9.30pm, The Radway 9.50pm, The Volunteer 10.30pm. Times are approximate and could be subject to change.
Henry added: “We hope the weather is kinder to us than last year when we performed in temperatures well below zero in very adverse conditions- such that several of our members were ‘snowed in’ and we had to re-write the play in various pub car parks
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
“We are hoping that lots of people will come out to support us, and help to keep this ancient Sidmouth tradition alive, as well as raising money for a good cause.”