Sidmouth mural joy
SIDMOUTH residents have been enjoying a new mural in the town - thanks to the work of around 100 children.
The seascape artwork was part of a regeneration project at The Ham and was partly funded by A �250 donation from the Sid Vale Association’s (SVA) Keith Owen Fund.
Children each painted one tile of the mural, which is displayed on the outer wall of Bagwell’s Wet Fish Shop.
SVA vice chairman Handel Bennett was ‘thrilled’ with the outcome.
“The mural is an attractive asset to the town, and links the beauty of the Sid Valley with the attraction of the sea,” he said.
Mums and organisers Louise Cole and Coco Hodgkinson hoped the project would benefit residents and visitors and engage youngsters in the regeneration of The Ham.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 3 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 4 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years