Sidmouth mural joy
SIDMOUTH residents have been enjoying a new mural in the town - thanks to the work of around 100 children.
The seascape artwork was part of a regeneration project at The Ham and was partly funded by A �250 donation from the Sid Vale Association’s (SVA) Keith Owen Fund.
Children each painted one tile of the mural, which is displayed on the outer wall of Bagwell’s Wet Fish Shop.
SVA vice chairman Handel Bennett was ‘thrilled’ with the outcome.
“The mural is an attractive asset to the town, and links the beauty of the Sid Valley with the attraction of the sea,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mums and organisers Louise Cole and Coco Hodgkinson hoped the project would benefit residents and visitors and engage youngsters in the regeneration of The Ham.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 9 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years