Sidmouth Museum celebrates record number of young people at event
- Credit: Archant
The tourist attraction is looking to attract more Sidmouth families through its doors.
Sidmouth Museum is celebrating record numbers of young people through its doors.
The tourist attraction welcomed 74 youngsters and their families to its wheels, engine and hot air event during the half term break. Youngsters enjoyed making penny farthing bicycles and hot air balloons and could also look at a working smoke-belching model of the USA Steam Engine, “Union Pacific.
Visitors could also look at vintage transport models and toys and sit on a full size Penny Farthing.
The museum is aiming to attract more Sidmouth families through its doors with a number of events through the year.
You may also want to watch:
Therina Mulder said: “The high quality of children’s questions that the event prompted and the subsequent learning conversations were part of the success.
“We also met our targets to attract more local children and extend the younger age range to 8 to 12 yr olds.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC