Sidmouth music night aids Macmillan charity
Musician Alan Ormandy remembered with music night at Anchor Inn
A SUMMER music night, held in the memory of a local musician, has raised �450 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The event, held at The Anchor Inn in Sidmouth on Saturday, August 13, was in memory of musician Alan Ormandy, who died recently after a long battle with cancer.
The charity was chosen in his honour, but staff at the pub were already regular collectors for the charity beforehand.
Band for the night, Moveable Feast, regularly performed with Alan in the town.
The group donated �200 of the total collection.
Michelle Fudge, who works at The Anchor Inn, Old Fore Street, was pleased with the turnout for the event.
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 3 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 8 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 9 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 10 Building more homes alone won't solve housing crisis
“Thank you to everyone that helped make the evening a success,” she said.
Michelle would also like to thank everyone for their continued support of The Anchor Inn.
The pub will next play host to an Abba night tomorrow, Saturday, August 20.