Sidmouth music night aids Macmillan charity
Musician Alan Ormandy remembered with music night at Anchor Inn
A SUMMER music night, held in the memory of a local musician, has raised �450 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The event, held at The Anchor Inn in Sidmouth on Saturday, August 13, was in memory of musician Alan Ormandy, who died recently after a long battle with cancer.
The charity was chosen in his honour, but staff at the pub were already regular collectors for the charity beforehand.
Band for the night, Moveable Feast, regularly performed with Alan in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The group donated �200 of the total collection.
Michelle Fudge, who works at The Anchor Inn, Old Fore Street, was pleased with the turnout for the event.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 8 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
“Thank you to everyone that helped make the evening a success,” she said.
Michelle would also like to thank everyone for their continued support of The Anchor Inn.
The pub will next play host to an Abba night tomorrow, Saturday, August 20.