Sidmouth music night aids Macmillan charity
Musician Alan Ormandy remembered with music night at Anchor Inn
A SUMMER music night, held in the memory of a local musician, has raised �450 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The event, held at The Anchor Inn in Sidmouth on Saturday, August 13, was in memory of musician Alan Ormandy, who died recently after a long battle with cancer.
The charity was chosen in his honour, but staff at the pub were already regular collectors for the charity beforehand.
Band for the night, Moveable Feast, regularly performed with Alan in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The group donated �200 of the total collection.
Michelle Fudge, who works at The Anchor Inn, Old Fore Street, was pleased with the turnout for the event.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
“Thank you to everyone that helped make the evening a success,” she said.
Michelle would also like to thank everyone for their continued support of The Anchor Inn.
The pub will next play host to an Abba night tomorrow, Saturday, August 20.