Sidmouth music night aids Macmillan charity
Musician Alan Ormandy remembered with music night at Anchor Inn
A SUMMER music night, held in the memory of a local musician, has raised �450 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The event, held at The Anchor Inn in Sidmouth on Saturday, August 13, was in memory of musician Alan Ormandy, who died recently after a long battle with cancer.
The charity was chosen in his honour, but staff at the pub were already regular collectors for the charity beforehand.
Band for the night, Moveable Feast, regularly performed with Alan in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The group donated �200 of the total collection.
Michelle Fudge, who works at The Anchor Inn, Old Fore Street, was pleased with the turnout for the event.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'
“Thank you to everyone that helped make the evening a success,” she said.
Michelle would also like to thank everyone for their continued support of The Anchor Inn.
The pub will next play host to an Abba night tomorrow, Saturday, August 20.