Sidmouth newcomer plans social get-together
- Credit: Archant
A relative newcomer to Sidmouth is ‘biting the bullet’ and planning a range of events to meet new people.
Emma Donovan moved to the town two years ago, but has struggled to meet others, so she started Facebook group Socially Sidmouth for anyone looking to enhance their social life.
She is aiming to organise events throughout the year to cater for everyone’s tastes – from dining out, concerts and bowling to murder mysteries and running away from zombies.
Self-employed Emma, of Manstone Lane, said: “Moving to a new area and making friends can be daunting and hard, so I thought I’d bite the bullet and provide a place where people can meet new friends and be social together.
“I also find doing fun things as a single person can be a challenge so am keen to encourage younger single people new to the area along as well.
You may also want to watch:
“During the evening we can chat, get to know each other a little and talk about the type of things we would like to do moving forwards – anything goes!”
The first event will be introductory drinks at Dukes from 7pm next Saturday (January 28).
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge