Sidmouth nightclub to close for part conversion and ‘much needed improvements’
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s sole nightclub is set to close for eight weeks so part of it can be converted into a restaurant.
At the same time the remaining section of club, more than half the existing floorspace at Carinas, will undergo some much-needed improvements.
Owner Residential Trust Ltd’s original proposal to convert the whole venue into an eatery was refused so it will be split into two instead.
Director Chris Eccles said: “We will be forming a new shell finish unit ready for prospective tenants to take over and this will also include new windows to the front which is the subject of a current planning application. We have not really started any marketing yet as it will look better when the works are done.”
The conversion was proposed because the club only breaks even and the trust wants to maintain its viability before it reaches the ‘critical point of closure’.
You may also want to watch:
Carinas will be closed from Sunday, February 4, for approximately eight weeks.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity