Sidmouth nominated for national Britain in Bloom prize
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth is in the running for a national Britain in Bloom award in 2020.
It is one of three nominations for the top prize in the Large Coastal Town category, along with Bexhill-on-Sea, and St Helier in Jersey.
Exmouth is among those nominated in the Large Town category.
The finalists are nominated by South West in Bloom.
Each regional team chooses five places in its area that have previously done well and have a good chance of winning one of the national titles.
You may also want to watch:
South west co-ordinator Terry Porter said Sidmouth and Exmouth had both been 'absolutely excellent' in the 2019 South West awards.
"They were both very, very strong entries for the south west," he said.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Last year Sidmouth and Exmouth both won gold awards in their categories, and Sidmouth also received the Sargent trophy for outstanding effort and dedication.