Sidmouth open-air art exhibit raises £100 for charities
- Credit: Archant
Art lovers helped to raise £100 at an open-air exhibition in Sidmouth, held in aid of two worth-while charities.
Art lovers helped to raise more than £3100 at an open-air exhibition in Sidmouth, held in aid of two worth-while charities.
The money made from the day, held in the town’s beautiful Connaught Gardens, will be donated to FORCE Cancer Charity and Kennaway House.
The free annual event, organised by the Sidmouth Society of Artists, featured the works of 35 artists who were selling their work at mostly discounted prices and donating part of their profits to the two causes.
A painting featuring Venice, by Peter Briggs, was won by a holiday maker in a raffle which also helped towards the total amount raised.
You may also want to watch:
The £300 will be added to any money made at the society’s next fundraiser which will be a coffee morning from 10am until 11.30am at the Victoria Hotel on Tuesday, October 10. Visitors are welcome.
Society member Terry Crook said: “Everyone had a lovely time. We would like to thank everybody who turned out to support the two causes.”
- 1 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 4 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 5 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 6 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead