Sidmouth open morning to support bereaved
BEREAVED residents in Sidmouth will be boosted by open morning in the town on Thursday, March 31.
BEREAVED residents in Sidmouth will be boosted by a town organisation’s open morning on Thursday, March 31.
Sidmouth Help Link’s New Beginnings group, which offers friendship and support and arranges outings for those coping with the loss of loved ones, will stage the social event at The Community Partnership, Mill Street, from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
Organisers promise a friendly and informal atmosphere and refreshments. Those who attend can meet current members.
“We are in a town where many face the experience of losing a loved one and need to build a new social life. New Beginnings members have the understanding that all those who join have experienced this loss and are having to deal with the adjustments that this brings,” Sidmouth Help Link’s Jennifer Goodhall told the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Members usually meet for coffee once a week and for a Sunday lunch out at a variety of venues. They are also encouraged to contact each other.
“The group very much belongs to its members with Sidmouth Help Link providing the back-up administration,” added Jennifer.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“We are grateful to Sidmouth Hospiscare who provide free meeting space for the six-weekly meetings where outings and activities are discussed and organised.”
She said the help link could alert people to different bereavement services if necessary. Contact Sidmouth Help Link for information on (01395) 514445.