Sidmouth open morning to support bereaved
BEREAVED residents in Sidmouth will be boosted by open morning in the town on Thursday, March 31.
BEREAVED residents in Sidmouth will be boosted by a town organisation’s open morning on Thursday, March 31.
Sidmouth Help Link’s New Beginnings group, which offers friendship and support and arranges outings for those coping with the loss of loved ones, will stage the social event at The Community Partnership, Mill Street, from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
Organisers promise a friendly and informal atmosphere and refreshments. Those who attend can meet current members.
“We are in a town where many face the experience of losing a loved one and need to build a new social life. New Beginnings members have the understanding that all those who join have experienced this loss and are having to deal with the adjustments that this brings,” Sidmouth Help Link’s Jennifer Goodhall told the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Members usually meet for coffee once a week and for a Sunday lunch out at a variety of venues. They are also encouraged to contact each other.
“The group very much belongs to its members with Sidmouth Help Link providing the back-up administration,” added Jennifer.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
“We are grateful to Sidmouth Hospiscare who provide free meeting space for the six-weekly meetings where outings and activities are discussed and organised.”
She said the help link could alert people to different bereavement services if necessary. Contact Sidmouth Help Link for information on (01395) 514445.