Sidmouth opens Cafe Scientifique
Monthly meetings offer chance to debate science and technology
THE first monthly Caf� Scientifique will be held in Sidmouth next week.
For the price of a cup of coffee, anyone will be able to explore the latest ideas in science and technology.
The first meeting, on Tuesday, February 21, at 3pm, will take place upstairs at Costa Coffee, Old Fore Street.
Meetings will take place in cafes, bars, restaurants and even theatres – always outside a traditional academic context.
You may also want to watch:
An introductory talk on Nanotechnology: life gets Smaller and Faster, will be given next Tuesday by Professor Bob Miles, who lives in Sidmouth and is an Emeritus Professor at the School of Electronic Engineering, University of Leeds.
There will be a chance to debate this subject and ask questions. Check http://www.cafescientifique.org/ for more details.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop