Sidmouth opens Cafe Scientifique
Monthly meetings offer chance to debate science and technology
THE first monthly Caf� Scientifique will be held in Sidmouth next week.
For the price of a cup of coffee, anyone will be able to explore the latest ideas in science and technology.
The first meeting, on Tuesday, February 21, at 3pm, will take place upstairs at Costa Coffee, Old Fore Street.
Meetings will take place in cafes, bars, restaurants and even theatres – always outside a traditional academic context.
You may also want to watch:
An introductory talk on Nanotechnology: life gets Smaller and Faster, will be given next Tuesday by Professor Bob Miles, who lives in Sidmouth and is an Emeritus Professor at the School of Electronic Engineering, University of Leeds.
There will be a chance to debate this subject and ask questions. Check http://www.cafescientifique.org/ for more details.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites