Sidmouth launches repair cafe
- Credit: Repair Cafe
Broken-down household appliances, wobbly furniture, tatty clothes and malfunctioning gadgets no longer have to be sent on a one-way trip to the tip.
A new Repair Café is opening in Sidmouth with a team of ‘fixers’, who have the skills and know-how to mend almost anything the public bring in.
The first one takes place at the Youth Centre in Manstone Lane tomorrow (Saturday), and from then they will be held on the last Saturday of every month.
The team behind it have been recruiting people with skills in sewing, darning, carpentry, electronics and mechanics, who can carry out the repairs and also pass on their know-how to visitors.
Angie Carney, the group’s lead, has been really pleased with the enthusiastic response so far. “It’s great to see the community getting behind it!” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free but donations are welcome, and refreshments will be available.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles