Actors needed for production remembering Sidmouth families during World War One
- Credit: Archant
An original production is looking for actors to bring to life the real life experiences based on Sidmouth families during World War One.
Ruth Lewis co-wrote A Painful Duty with Pete Wilson for the Sid Vale Community Productions to perform in November to mark 100 year since the end of the conflict.
The group is holding auditions on August 13 and August 22 at 7.30pm in the upstairs room at the Anchor Inn.
Ruth spoke to the descendants of the Channings and Close families to understand what their ancestors went through during the conflict.
Christine Hardy added events from papers at the time running from 1914 to 1919.
You may also want to watch:
The company is encouraging people of all ages to come forward for a part which will be performed in Sidmouth Parish Church from November 7 to 9.
Christine said: “The play will involve local actors, a small group from the Sidmouth Town Band and Sidmouth Scouts in three evenings which SVCP hope will be a great Sidmouth community event and fitting remembrance to all in Sidmouth who lost loved ones and made sacrifices at home and abroad.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Anyone who is interested in taking part, whether they have experience or not on stage should email: email@example.com for details.’