Sidmouth painted pink for breast cancer fundraiser
Some 92 Sidmouth businesses join in Paint the Town Pink event
SOME 92 businesses, more than double that of last year, joined in Sidmouth’s Paint the Town Pink fun event on Friday to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Cancer Research UK shop manager Lenny Titherington (pictured centre front with her team below), described the event; which she hopes will raise �3,000 for breast cancer research, as “absolutely brilliant.
“There was a lovely atmosphere and what a community we have got here in Sidmouth.
“We dressed up in pyjamas and wigs and went round the town. It was lovely to meet people who were either going through treatment or who had done and appreciated what we were doing to raise funds for breast cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the event was likely to be annual because of its success in raising the profile and funds for breast cancer research.
“We had two volunteers flaunting bunny ears out collecting and the men just kept putting money in.”
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
Last year 40 businesses in the town raised �2,500 for Cancer Research UK’s Think Pink event.
A Think Pink supper will take place at Sidmouth Cricket Pavilion tonight.