Sidmouth painted pink for breast cancer fundraiser
Some 92 Sidmouth businesses join in Paint the Town Pink event
SOME 92 businesses, more than double that of last year, joined in Sidmouth’s Paint the Town Pink fun event on Friday to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Cancer Research UK shop manager Lenny Titherington (pictured centre front with her team below), described the event; which she hopes will raise �3,000 for breast cancer research, as “absolutely brilliant.
“There was a lovely atmosphere and what a community we have got here in Sidmouth.
“We dressed up in pyjamas and wigs and went round the town. It was lovely to meet people who were either going through treatment or who had done and appreciated what we were doing to raise funds for breast cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the event was likely to be annual because of its success in raising the profile and funds for breast cancer research.
“We had two volunteers flaunting bunny ears out collecting and the men just kept putting money in.”
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Last year 40 businesses in the town raised �2,500 for Cancer Research UK’s Think Pink event.
A Think Pink supper will take place at Sidmouth Cricket Pavilion tonight.