Sidmouth pamper evening to be held in aid of good cause
- Credit: Archant
Ladies in need of some spoiling have been invited to support two good causes while indulging in a luxurious pamper evening.
Resident Annmarie Bower has organised a five-star indulgence evening at the Woodlands Hotel on Thursday (June 23) with the aim of raising £1,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support and the Rotary Club of Sidmouth.
The event will be attended by a selection of businesswomen who make, sell or offer treatments and therapies, including reflexology, massages, nails and make-up packages and acupuncture, as well as much more. There will also be a tarot card reader and numerous items on sale, such as bags, jewellery, chocolate, wine, clothes, spa gifts and crystals.
Annmarie said in the past the most she had been able to raise was £920, so she was hoping to be able to smash her £1,000 target for the two causes.
She added Macmillan Cancer Support was a cause close to her heart.
You may also want to watch:
“My dad was diagnosed this year and he has been helped by Macmillan. I know a number of other people who have been affected by it too,” Annmarie said. “I know they are an amazing charity and everyone I speak to says they could not have got by without them. The rotary club do so much good around the local area and they need a boost as well so they can continue their good work. “My thinking behind this was to get an event running to get ladies out, to come have a glass of Prosecco and a lovely evening in aid of a good cause.”
Tickets are £7 and are available from the Woodlands Hotel, Sidsoft Computers, Sidmouth Cricket Club or Sidmouth Post Office.
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home