Sidmouth parking issues set to be discussed
SIDMOUTH s Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
SIDMOUTH's Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
EDDC is currently reviewing the car parks it owns or controls and has asked town councils to comment on such issues as prices, signage, payment methods, parking needs and whether any car parks are surplus to requirements.
At its August meeting on Monday, councillors were told it was not possible to invite Mr Halse to meet them all at Woolcombe House for a round-the-table discussion.
Councillor John Dyson thought a differential in charges should be established at Manor Road car park, which, he said, was often under-used.
You may also want to watch:
He thought this might encourage more people to use it, including employees of town centre businesses, especially after new traffic orders banning daytime parking in Manor Road all year round are put into effect.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop