Sidmouth parking issues set to be discussed
SIDMOUTH s Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
SIDMOUTH's Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
EDDC is currently reviewing the car parks it owns or controls and has asked town councils to comment on such issues as prices, signage, payment methods, parking needs and whether any car parks are surplus to requirements.
At its August meeting on Monday, councillors were told it was not possible to invite Mr Halse to meet them all at Woolcombe House for a round-the-table discussion.
Councillor John Dyson thought a differential in charges should be established at Manor Road car park, which, he said, was often under-used.
You may also want to watch:
He thought this might encourage more people to use it, including employees of town centre businesses, especially after new traffic orders banning daytime parking in Manor Road all year round are put into effect.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season