Sidmouth parking issues set to be discussed
SIDMOUTH s Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
SIDMOUTH's Town Council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan, and his deputy will discuss parking issues with Councillor Peter Halse from East Devon District Council on Monday, September 14.
EDDC is currently reviewing the car parks it owns or controls and has asked town councils to comment on such issues as prices, signage, payment methods, parking needs and whether any car parks are surplus to requirements.
At its August meeting on Monday, councillors were told it was not possible to invite Mr Halse to meet them all at Woolcombe House for a round-the-table discussion.
Councillor John Dyson thought a differential in charges should be established at Manor Road car park, which, he said, was often under-used.
You may also want to watch:
He thought this might encourage more people to use it, including employees of town centre businesses, especially after new traffic orders banning daytime parking in Manor Road all year round are put into effect.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open