Sidmouth party trick duo in hum and whistle feat
ROLLING your tongue may be quite a common biological trait but what about humming while whistling a tune at the same time? Both Kevin Grimm, 53, of Sidford, and his brother Nigel, 57, have been able to do this unusual party trick since their teens. The pa
ROLLING your tongue may be quite a common biological trait but what about humming while whistling a tune at the same time?
Both Kevin Grimm, 53, of Sidford, and his brother Nigel, 57, have been able to do this unusual party trick since their teens.
The pair are able to whistle a variety of tunes, including God Save the Queen, while humming a bass line at the same time.
Their mother, Hetta Grimm, a retired music teacher, thinks it is remarkable and would like to know if anyone else can do it.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I would think it was quite impossible but they don't think it's strange at all. "They can't see why everybody can't do it."
Both Kevin and Nigel, who now lives on the Isle of Man, are musically gifted but Hetta believes this is just coincidence.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
She added: "That shouldn't make a difference. I am musical as well but I can't do it. I would like to know if there is a biological reason behind it."
Kevin said: "It's completely normal for me. As far as I know Nigel and I are the only people who can do it- but then again it's not something you ask many people!"
* Have you got a strange party trick? If so, tell us about it on the 'weird and wonderful' forum. Click on this link http://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/cs/forums/1811/ShowForum.aspx