Sidmouth Photo Club celebrates top ten competition result
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Photographic Club enjoy top ten position at prestigious competition.
The Western Counties Photographic Federation's (WCPF) annual inter-club competition for digital images is a high point for photographic clubs throughout the South West of England.
A total of 56 groups entered the competition in February at the Corn Exchange, Exeter, judged by a panel of three experts.
Clubs submitted 18 digital images and prizes were awarded individually and to the top two clubs, who were invited to represent the WCPF at the prestigious Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) Inter-Club PDI Championship.
Sidmouth's images were consistently highly marked and the club was awarded eighth place overall (out of 56), jointly with Exmouth and Backwell.
You may also want to watch:
Top marks for Sidmouth went to Bob Reynolds for his wonderfully evocative image entitled Scottish Wildcat.
More information can be found at www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank