Sidmouth Photo Club celebrates top ten competition result
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Photographic Club enjoy top ten position at prestigious competition.
The Western Counties Photographic Federation's (WCPF) annual inter-club competition for digital images is a high point for photographic clubs throughout the South West of England.
A total of 56 groups entered the competition in February at the Corn Exchange, Exeter, judged by a panel of three experts.
Clubs submitted 18 digital images and prizes were awarded individually and to the top two clubs, who were invited to represent the WCPF at the prestigious Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) Inter-Club PDI Championship.
Sidmouth's images were consistently highly marked and the club was awarded eighth place overall (out of 56), jointly with Exmouth and Backwell.
You may also want to watch:
Top marks for Sidmouth went to Bob Reynolds for his wonderfully evocative image entitled Scottish Wildcat.
More information can be found at www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip