Sidmouth’s camera club gets innovative for the summer season
- Credit: Archant
New members welcomed as club seeks to widen its appeal with a busy online programme.
The switch to a busy online programme during lockdown has attracted new members to join Sidmouth Photographic Club who are offering a promotional membership of £10 per person until the new season begins in September.
Club Secretary Mike Hawkridge said: “We, like many other photographic clubs, have had to adapt the way we interact with members.
“This involved some innovative new ideas and has actually widened the content we are able to offer members over the summer months.
“We have even been approached by clubs outside the district and will be entering a new online head-to-head, with Bramhall and Woodley clubs on August 5.”
You may also want to watch:
The One-a-Week has continued to prove popular with imaginative and varied images, some of which are featured on these pages for the weeks’ set subjects of Time, Symmetry and Clouds.
For more information, visit www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book