Sidmouth’s camera club gets innovative for the summer season
- Credit: Archant
New members welcomed as club seeks to widen its appeal with a busy online programme.
The switch to a busy online programme during lockdown has attracted new members to join Sidmouth Photographic Club who are offering a promotional membership of £10 per person until the new season begins in September.
Club Secretary Mike Hawkridge said: “We, like many other photographic clubs, have had to adapt the way we interact with members.
“This involved some innovative new ideas and has actually widened the content we are able to offer members over the summer months.
“We have even been approached by clubs outside the district and will be entering a new online head-to-head, with Bramhall and Woodley clubs on August 5.”
You may also want to watch:
The One-a-Week has continued to prove popular with imaginative and varied images, some of which are featured on these pages for the weeks’ set subjects of Time, Symmetry and Clouds.
For more information, visit www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action