Alternative programme of activities for photo club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth photo club gets creative and adapts to the restrictions of Covid lockdown.
Sidmouth Photographic Club has released a full programme of weekly meetings, competitions, tutorials and guest speaker events, all online.
In addition, it is running the popular ‘One-a-Week’, which encourages members to contribute one image per week on a set theme, which have so far included texture, natural form and colour.
Club secretary Mike Hawkridge said: “Photographers are very lucky that their medium lends itself to collaboration online and there are so many different imaginative ways to take creative images at home.”
The final competition of the season was judged online by Barry Holmes FRPS on Wednesday, April 15, with almost all members in attendance to witness live his critique and award of scores and placings.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the successful photographers are represented here.
A special offer is available from the club for prospective new members who might wish to become involved online in anticipation of joining in with the personal meetings and events, when normal service is restored.
For more club information go to www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future