Sidmouth Camera Club brings home Three Way Shoot title
- Credit: Picture: Harri Morris
Camera club celebrates competition win.
Sidmouth Photographic Club had good reason to celebrate an emphatic victory over fellow clubs Woodbury and Exeter, in the Three Way Shoot competition.
Members from each of the clubs enjoyed the event in a relaxed atmosphere at the Malsters Arms on Friday, October 22.
Judge Gordon Aspland awarded the images a score out of five and was looking for pictures that made the best of the inclement weather conditions during the 24 hour period of the shoot on October 6.
In addition to the club prize, Sidmouth member Harri Morris won individual first and Sarah Hall won third - these and other images from this year's competition can be seen on the club's website (see below).
You may also want to watch:
This popular biennial event will be next hosted by Exeter in 2021.
For this month's club report, members have contributed the images featured on these pages under the theme of Local Landscape and Nature.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Sidmouth Photographic Club have a full programme of events and more information can be found on their website at www.sidmouthphotoclub.co.uk