Sidmouth photographer wins trio of awards
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth photographer is celebrating a trio of wins in a UK wide competition.
Lydia Baker, of Willow Studios, saw her shots of babies Shilah and Millie win picture of the month in a contest run by website babyphotographers.co.uk.
The winning mums each received £100 in Mothercare vouchers and have been entered into the yearly competition to win £5,000.
Sidmouth born Lydia set up the studio 10 years ago and said she likes to put ‘time and effort’ into capturing the perfect shot of tots for new parents.
The mum-of-two said: “We won three awards which was amazing for the studio. What’s special about it is it’s a UK wide thing, 400 studios plus, that put their photos forward.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great for our little independent studio.
“We have so many props and so many backdrops. We put a lot of time and effort into taking pictures of the newborns.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“It’s an honour to be asked to capture their first few days. Some of the babies are two or three days old, it’s a real honour to capture that for them and that they trust me with their babies.
Lydia also impressed judges to scoop the photographer of the month award and win £200 of vouchers.
On her win Lydia said: “I am over the moon with this award, I had no idea I was up for it.”