Sidmouth photographer wins trio of awards
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth photographer is celebrating a trio of wins in a UK wide competition.
Lydia Baker, of Willow Studios, saw her shots of babies Shilah and Millie win picture of the month in a contest run by website babyphotographers.co.uk.
The winning mums each received £100 in Mothercare vouchers and have been entered into the yearly competition to win £5,000.
Sidmouth born Lydia set up the studio 10 years ago and said she likes to put ‘time and effort’ into capturing the perfect shot of tots for new parents.
The mum-of-two said: “We won three awards which was amazing for the studio. What’s special about it is it’s a UK wide thing, 400 studios plus, that put their photos forward.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great for our little independent studio.
“We have so many props and so many backdrops. We put a lot of time and effort into taking pictures of the newborns.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
“It’s an honour to be asked to capture their first few days. Some of the babies are two or three days old, it’s a real honour to capture that for them and that they trust me with their babies.
Lydia also impressed judges to scoop the photographer of the month award and win £200 of vouchers.
On her win Lydia said: “I am over the moon with this award, I had no idea I was up for it.”