Sidmouth pile-up latest: Pensioner taken to hospital
A PENSIONER has been taken to hospital after a pile-up on the A3052 near Sidmouth this morning.
The Ambulance Service said a make patient, aged in his 70s, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, following a collsiion involving two cars near Staffrod Cross and The Donkey Sanctuary.
A spokesman said a lorry subsequently collided with the existing damage.
He added the fire serve has attended the scene due to debris and fuel in the road.
Police have urged drivers to avoid the A3052 at Stafford Cross after a diesel spill on the road.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are dealing with a number of minor collisions in the area including a diesel spillage.
The spill starts at the Three Horseshoes Junction with Putts Corner towards Boswell Cross.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
The spillage was reported to police at around 7.15am.
Road closures are in place.
Updates to follow.